Pictures from the IPMS/USA Nationals in Columbus, OH plus

Please place details here of any events you may think are of interest.
philp
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Pictures from the IPMS/USA Nationals in Columbus, OH plus

Post by philp »

Hi all,
Finally got home last night after my trip to the Nationals. Show was pretty good with approximately 3000 models on the competition tables. Lighting in the room was not the best so ended up using flash for most of the pics (yes, you can tell) but think most of them came out ok. Includes pics from the Vendors area.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1155497467 ... ColumbusOH;
https://picasaweb.google.com/1155497467 ... busOHPart2;

Also did the National Museum of the United States Air Force. They had a tour out there and I was pretty much able to shoot most of it on that day but thanks to John (Johnsan) and his lovely wife putting me up for a couple nights after the show I got to visit it twice more and took some time to read some of the displays. You really do need to spend two or more days here to see everything.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1155497467 ... USAirForce;

Also visited a few other small museums in the area.

The Armstrong Air and Space Museum in Wapakoneta. Interesting little museum with lots of info on Neil. Not many big exhibits but they did a nice little movie centered mainly on the Moon landing.

The WACO Airplane Museum in Troy. Several of the planes, engines, propellers and some Glider bits. Nice little tour on tape (though digital now) to go along with it.

And the Champaign Aviation Museum in Urbana. Couple of flying planes, info on the WAAFs and a B-17G under restoration.
Eric Mc

Re: Pictures from the IPMS/USA Nationals in Columbus, OH plu

Post by Eric Mc »

Had a look at some (I'll look at more later).. I see what you mean about the lighting.

I was surprised at how modest Revell's stand looked. It was certainly far less grandiose than the glass cabinet display they use at Telford.
philp

Post by philp »

Think it is the difference between Revell USA and Revell Germany. Many more new releases coming out of the German side plus probably a bigger budget there for shows. Think I have seen Ed at the Nats every year.
JamesPerrin
Looks like his avatar

Post by JamesPerrin »

Great pics as always Phil. I'm still working my through them though!
Classic British Kits SIG Leader Better to fettle than to fill
(2024 A:B 5:2) (2023 13:8:7) (2022 21:11) (2021 15:8) (2020 8:4:4)

Return to “Model Shows and Events”