Revell P26A Peashooter

Military or civil, triplanes, biplanes or monoplanes, props, jets or helicopters...models in here.
TobyC
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Revell P26A Peashooter

Post by TobyC »

This is in the marking of the Guatemalan Air force Unit: Escuadron de Caza, Cuerpo de Aeronautica Militar, Serial: 47.
Campo de la Aurora, Guatemala City, Guatemala, 1944.
Basic colour Vallejo MA Olive drab. I used a variety of EZ line(antenna) and stretched sprue and copolymer leader for the bracing wires. This particular aircraft didn't have the overhead bracing wire for the wings. I have omitted some details(exhausts being the most obvious) but overall learnt a lot so the next one I do should be easier....I hope :mrgreen:

Enjoyment over accuracy. That's my motto
ShaunW
NOT the sheep

Re: Revell P26A Peashooter

Post by ShaunW »

It's turned out nicely Toby. If you hadn't pointed out the missing details I certainly wouldn't have noticed. Looks like a decent P-26 to me.
Doing - Tamiya 1/35th Universal Carrier.

Work is the curse of the modelling classes!
IPMS#12300
vacant

Post by vacant »

Beautifully neat job with the control surfaces picked out clearly. Great job with the various wires.

You could add some black dots to the 'holes' in the front of the engine. They are easy to see on photos. I used a gel pen to do mine. It's just a thought.
Lone Modeller

Post by Lone Modeller »

That is a very neat little model. Never mind the exhausts - I suspect that many people would not notice their absence. A very interesting and unusual colour scheme too - great to see something different.
Clashcityrocker

Post by Clashcityrocker »

Great looking Peashooter. The fuselage markings look interesting, is it an Inca head?

Nigel
Barry

Post by Barry »

Nice to see it in those markings...a little different (Except to the Guatamalans' of course).
2012 A:12 B:13 C:0
Nigel Foster
Onto the Clever Stuff, Now.

Post by Nigel Foster »

Like buses, none for ages then many come along at once. All excellent renditions of a very old favourite.

Nigel
dollar19

Post by dollar19 »

Very nice. And an unusual scheme. I like it a lot. I did the Hobby Craft 1/48 kit a couple of years back, and enjoyes it quite a bit. Althought their decals drove me up the wall, it turned out pretty well.

a snazzy little airplane!
TobyC

Post by TobyC »

Thanks all. Much appreciated. No idea if it's an Inca on the fuselage but the decals were made by Aztec so it might be one of them. :mrgreen:
Vacant, I'll do that on the next one as once I put my models in the cupboard of love they don't come out ;-)
Enjoyment over accuracy. That's my motto
JohnRatzenberger
Why is he so confused ?

Post by JohnRatzenberger »

dollar19 wrote:Very nice. And an unusual scheme. I like it a lot. I did the Hobby Craft 1/48 kit a couple of years back, and enjoyes it quite a bit. Althought their decals drove me up the wall, it turned out pretty well.

a snazzy little airplane!
Off Topic, I know, but I think your tiny images are because you are grabbing the URL of the thumbnail, not the full size image. I don't use PB, but you might poke around a bit and see if you can find the proper URL because your full picture looks great..
John Ratzenberger :???:
It's my model and I'll do what I want with it.
Marek

Post by Marek »

I like it a lot, nice little gem.

Return to “Aviation Modelling”