Albatros DIII 1/72 Revell. Step to Step (Finsihed!!!!)

Military or civil, triplanes, biplanes or monoplanes, props, jets or helicopters...models in here.
ronald alvarez
The Bug Has Well And Truly Bitten

Albatros DIII 1/72 Revell. Step to Step (Finsihed!!!!)

Post by ronald alvarez »

Hello friends I start with you giving them a step by step demonstration of the historic Albatros, I hope you enjoy it as I get ready because it makes much will come dirty, much erosion and worn, with the passage of days ire placing progress. Cheers......

I love My Venezuela...........
Arcwelder
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Re: Alvatros DIII 1/72 Revell. Step to Step

Post by Arcwelder »

Love that old kit, for all its many flaws and have made a few in my time. Grabbing the popcorn and looking forward to this.
Is this your sanderling?.

2016: A:40 B:12
iggie

Post by iggie »

I'm looking forward to this as well, as I have one in the stash!

You can have some of my popcorn Arc! Image
Best wishes

Jim
If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing
"Never put off till tomorrow, what you can do the day after tomorrow"
Przemek
Active Participant

Post by Przemek »

Nice and deserved in the history of aviation model, I believe that it will be interesting. So I too would be happy to watch your job.
Przemek
ronald alvarez

Post by ronald alvarez »

Hello friends here I leave Phase 1 of the construction of the Albatros D.III

wings:

1.- We started with the drilling of the holes where anchor gear with a 0.75 mm drill ...........

2.- We mark the outline of the upper and lower planes with black shadows to be defining the depth of our wings ........

3.- Now after shadows define the contours of the frames of the plans proceed to randomly fill in red those areas where we wish so to speak noting the interperies caused by the sun ....... (on the back wings is not necessary because in this zon sun was absent), and also take advantage of tape marked areas of the final colors of the planes .........

4.- Proceed with final paint wings give definitive Color:

5.- After placing the stickers with their respective Microsol liquids and Microset and last po glossy varnish to avoid ghosting of the decals, proceed to the technique fouled with carbon paper office is a simple technique which aims rub on the paint job and decals until properly fixed panels mark lines and logically made an impression so very appropriate for advanced use visual end of our models:

Unfortunately a decal has a fault in one of its points'll make up this detail before finishing the work as such, as good as new

Ok friends after completing this sentence go by the following in which they will work with the fuselage .............. greetings, I hope you liked the process paint job ..... .....
Stuart
Raider of the Lost Ark Royal

Re: Albatros DIII 1/72 Revell. Step to Step

Post by Stuart »

Very good painting on those wings - great work!
Stuart Templeton I may not be good but I'm slow...

My Blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
TobyC

Post by TobyC »

Very nice work and a great tutorial.
Enjoyment over accuracy. That's my motto
Lone Modeller

Post by Lone Modeller »

Superb work on an old classic. Greta to see work o a biplane too - please keep this up as I will be following with interest.
ronald alvarez

Post by ronald alvarez »

Hello friends, here I leave the second phase of construction of the Albatros D.III, this part will deicar the fuselage completely or how I said facetiously (Woodwork)

1.- partially build a board with a small surplus of transfers from another plane, what I did was take a small plastic trim it properly to Tamna the fuse and natural wood color paint, then I hit this little decal which simulates watches control. What I had to do this because the Revell kit does not bring a board for the model, the figure was painted tambein partially I personally like to make the details of the pilot's face after finishing the entire model thus avoid that any contact with any home equipment damage or accident .......... I work so I decided to darken it internally fuselage because the figure itself and cover all internal detail which work area that would be lost time due to what is not properly appreciate the cabin.

2.- then I closed and sand the joints of the fuselage to start with the painting process which in the case of white will use paint white spray, the spray is sold in sales of household things because it is common, it is the same paint spray used by street artists on the walls ..... then we start with the first application of natural color for our background with beige acrylic paint and applied habiendola proceed to give shadows to areas of impact of our model will be remembered very used and dirty by the rigor of war, then dry the first painting and shadows will use a not very common for model materials but widely used in the world of carpentry such material is varnish mahogany color, that color will allow this wood has 2 tone look like it should be a good plane in advanced use ....... no more talk about the images start.

And for the last photos I had begun my work messed base with technical and carbon paper explained the office ..

3.- Placing stickers and final weathering process and sealed with lacquer finish, remember that the figure of the pilot will just finally completed at the time finalize the process of building ......while metal zones are defined fuselage which is perfect conduct after making the first job with varnish mahogany brown because its glossy finish will highlight the color metal fuselage. The bonding process decal unchanged the same method as with wings that is Microsol microset, bright varnish placed before and after the same is used

From this point proceed to complete the weather with perfect ink to dilute the areas affected by the use and abuse of the model under rigor of war, this product is easily applied and removed with 70% alcohol

So get properly fuselage in earnest with much use gloomy and dejected by the ravages of war q ........ I hope you liked the final print in advance next'll be sharing with you the base portion landing gear, assembly and final appearance with unexpected for you which I reserve as a surprise material. Cheers...........

Appearance friends 64% complete

Clashcityrocker

Re: Albatros DIII 1/72 Revell. Step to Step (Phase 2)

Post by Clashcityrocker »

Nice work Ronald. It's a nice little kit, I made one last year.

Nigel
ronald alvarez

Re: Albatros DIII 1/72 Revell. Step to Step (Phase 2)

Post by ronald alvarez »

We continued this time with the (phase 3) completion of the assembly work

1. Now once painted aluminum engine parts and weapons with their exhaust pipes to the engine mount these parts proceed to the fuselage of the Albatros, likewise worked with the foundation for the linkages that hold shafts landing wheels

2. We are now ready to start assembling the upper surface of the wings a job that will always be extremely careful if we want everything to go well:

the wheels also work linkage system for landing:

3.- Of course this level have already hit the upper level (difficult) was when I decided to paint the propeller simply some shade in the rotary cone and a lot of wood in the body of the blades, after I completed this proce with stretched plastic spinning holes where gear will give that special touch to Albatros DIII:

ronald alvarez

Re: Albatros DIII 1/72 Revell. Step to Step (Phase 3)

Post by ronald alvarez »

Hello friend, Work Finished. I Hope you Like..........

Marek

Re: Albatros DIII 1/72 Revell. Step to Step (Finsihed!!!!)

Post by Marek »

quite a job! Looking good.
vacant

Post by vacant »

You have a unique style of painting that is always most interesting to see - splendid work.
Lone Modeller

Post by Lone Modeller »

That is a very weathered aircraft but it is impressive all the same. Amazing to think that this is the old Revell kit which must be all of 50+ years old. An excellent job.

Return to “Aviation Modelling”