For my next trick...

Whole chunks of real life...scaled down, figures in all scales...even footballers!
feanor
Active Participant

Re: For my next trick...

Post by feanor »

Ayup PT... ^^^^ Edit.

I've only just seen your painting of the Foyer. Its excellent. And sooo accurate. At Stafford Bingley Hall (The Cowshed) the crowd was a bit more Hells-Angelly. I was wearing, as usual, my 'Full Regalia' as I used to call it, of T-shirt, full leathers, jean-jacket cutoff covered in badges and the like, with Bullet Belt and Bike boots. Now, THAT would be a figure to make, LOL. If only a picture existed... I actually ended up catching pneumonia properly, as I was soaked with sweat and it was December I think, with a large minus temperature...

But what a concert. You never, as with other 'Firsts', forget your first one. Long Live Rock N Roll indeed...
The best thing, is to keep on building. Clap your hands, stamp your feet, wiggle your fingers…
ShaunW
NOT the sheep

Post by ShaunW »

Another really great piece of imaginative figure work Thistle, top stuff 8-)
Doing - Tamiya 1/35th Universal Carrier.

Work is the curse of the modelling classes!
IPMS#12300
Purplethistle
Delusional Miniature Killer

Post by Purplethistle »

Reliving my youth in plastic, as well as paint. That's me in the 'Difficult to cure' tour baseball shirt lighting up a (ahem!) Players No6 (based loosely on a photo of Paul Rodgers with an obvious doobie, holding a pack of No6 to camera like some early product placement) If I'm bringing it all back for others, then that's the best compliment of all!
"Spits, SLUFS and Rock 'n' Roll"
feanor
Active Participant

Post by feanor »

Ayup PT...

I wish there was a 'Like' button for each post !

It reminds me as well of the cover for Marillions 'Clutching at Straws' Album, LOL.
The best thing, is to keep on building. Clap your hands, stamp your feet, wiggle your fingers…
Purplethistle

Post by Purplethistle »

The next act at "Purplestock" is about to take the stage....Spike of The Quireboys

Purplethistle

Post by Purplethistle »

Guitar solo......Mr Paul Guerin joins Spike

Purplethistle

Post by Purplethistle »

....and Ronnie James Dio sees a rainbow rising!

Dazzled
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Post by Dazzled »

Awesome. The Holy Diver lives again
COLD WAR S.I.G. LEADER

Wherever there's danger, wherever there's trouble, wherever there's important work to be done....I'll be somewhere else building a model!
Purplethistle

Post by Purplethistle »

feanor wrote:Ayup PT... ^^^^ Edit.

I've only just seen your painting of the Foyer. Its excellent. And sooo accurate. At Stafford Bingley Hall (The Cowshed) the crowd was a bit more Hells-Angelly. I was wearing, as usual, my 'Full Regalia' as I used to call it, of T-shirt, full leathers, jean-jacket cutoff covered in badges and the like, with Bullet Belt and Bike boots. Now, THAT would be a figure to make, LOL. If only a picture existed... I actually ended up catching pneumonia properly, as I was soaked with sweat and it was December I think, with a large minus temperature...

But what a concert. You never, as with other 'Firsts', forget your first one. Long Live Rock N Roll indeed...
It just so happens that I've found a pack of Italeri Panzer crew in the loft that wouldn't take much to convert to someone in biker gear, tell me how long/what colour your hair was and you never know...... ;-)

Return to “Figures and Diorama”