Paper model GB ** Forum is Open **

Here's where the general chat and organization of Group/Shared Builds takes place, with Guidelines, the GB/SB Calendar, and an Index to completed GBs.

Moderator: PaulBradley

Przemek
Active Participant

Re: Paper model GB ** On Calendar **

Post by Przemek »

How do I know Lech, I know that he has nothing against it, on the basis of his models, to develop new paint.
Fokker is a good model for such modifications.

Przemek
Dirkpitt289
NUMA's Auto Mechanic

Re: Paper model GB date poll

Post by Dirkpitt289 »

SJPONeill wrote:Image

This might interest a few...

The designer is a bit eccentric and prefers that anyone who wants to access his models (which are free and very very detailed) do a little leg work first...

Here's someone else's words on how to complete the quest:

"You can get it on Uhu's website. Google, "Uhu02", go into the website and scroll down towards the bottom to where it says "library" on the left side. Click that link, enter the user name and password and you can then download the Chitty Chitty Bang Bang car.

You can find the user name and password on this thread: The Uhu02 appreciation thread - Page 18 - Zealot Hobby Forum (http://www.zealot.com/forum/showthread. ... 65&page=18;)

Hint: Uhu02 (owl picture for user icon) posts the user name and password in his post. Click and highlight the posts to see it....I'd start in October of 2012 and move to the present .
"

For those that get to the library, the paper modelling community does request that you don't share the URL or other details as the designer has shut off access to his works in the past...
This one (UFO Fighter) really interests me and I think I've downloaded it to my Paper model library but if memory serves me right the instructions are pretty vague.
.... Dirk

Beware of the DOG's of WAR

My Youtube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/ModelingGu ... rid&view=0
SJPONeill
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Post by SJPONeill »

Generally Uhu02's instructions have lots of pictures but you have to rely on a Google translation for the text...the key to a good fit is using paper as close to the recommended thickness (0.21mm) and lots of fit before glue...I've just printed this one and his naked colonial Viper out and the detail looks awesome...
Please critique my posts honestly i.e. say what you think so I can learn and improve...
The World According To Me
Titan

Post by Titan »

I have had these books for 20 odd years but never built any of them, in fact I had forgotten all about them as they were in the loft hidden in a box of old books so looking through them again I genuinely feel like building one but the problem besides never having built a paper model before will be which one to choose as there are some interesting types hidden in the pages of both.

So I guess I should really participate in this GB.

Regards
Mark
Regards
Mark

Post by SJPONeill »

Wow, what a great find!! I would suggest copying them onto paper of a similar weight to that they are printed on so that you can preserve the originals...
Please critique my posts honestly i.e. say what you think so I can learn and improve...
SJPONeill

Re: Paper model GB date poll

Post by SJPONeill »

Dirkpitt289 wrote:This one (UFO Fighter) really interests me and I think I've downloaded it to my Paper model library but if memory serves me right the instructions are pretty vague.
I've just had a look at the instructions I made for the SHADO Interceptor by copying the text and images directly from the build thread. It sounds like a simple model when you say that it only has three pages of parts but the instructions are 50 pages and I don't think much of that space is wasted with unnecessary text or over-large images. yes, i could probably rewrite the text from Googlish and maybe drop a few of the images - at best though, I think that I could only get the page count down to about 40...for all the relatively small number of parts, this is a very complex model with a number of very fiddly bits. I think that I would be lucky to go through a page of instructions a night when I start it...
SJPONeill

Post by SJPONeill »

...and if you like them big, this was just released here: http://paperflug.ru/en/archives/1402#more-1402
Pugz636
The Bug Has Well And Truly Bitten

Post by Pugz636 »

Guys

I have a large stash of paper models, that I am currently uploading to dropbox.
I am more than happy to share the folder with any modellers that could make use of them.

If you would like access, pm me and Ill sort out access

Happy Hunting

Pugz

2016 A:6:B:2 c: 1 ,2015 A:7 B:1 C:0 2014 A:2 B:1 C:0 (2013 A:22 B:1 C:0) (2012 A:3 B:2 C:0) (2011 A:4 B:8 C:1)
IPMS #12527
SJPONeill

Post by SJPONeill »

If anyone down under is contemplating this GB with a preprinted model, there are some good ones up for sale at the moment on this link... http://www.papermodelers.com/forum/sale ... post445947;
JohnRatzenberger
Why is he so confused ?

Post by JohnRatzenberger »

I must resist the 2500 piece HMCS Agassiz ....
John Ratzenberger :???:
It's my model and I'll do what I want with it.
K5083
Active Participant

Post by K5083 »

The Paper Planes books Mark posted are fun, and the planes are meant to glide if you toss them. One drawback is most of them have no detail on the wing undersides, just white paper. They are very difficult to scan because the books are way oversize and the printed graphics extend way outside the perforated parts outlines on the paper; thus if you scan, it can be very hard to see the edge of the part. I have scanned some by punching out the pieces, rearranging them on normal size paper, and scanning; but some of the individual pieces are too large for a normal scanner bed, so have to be scanned and printed in pieces. Bottom line, it may be best to just build them and not worry about preserving the originals. The books are not very rare. The stock they are printed on is high quality but light, about the weight of normal typing paper. The graphics are beautifully done, as you can see by Mark's photos.

August
A good model is any model you can walk away from.
SJPONeill

Post by SJPONeill »

jRatz wrote:I must resist the 2500 piece HMCS Agassiz ....
Why? :grin:
JohnRatzenberger
Why is he so confused ?

Post by JohnRatzenberger »

SJPONeill wrote:
jRatz wrote:I must resist the 2500 piece HMCS Agassiz ....
Why? :grin:
Because I have two Matchbox Flowers, with full GLS aftermarket for one; one 1/48 Model Dockyard RC kit; 6 Mirage Hobby 1/350 kit; 1 Iron Shipwright 1/350 kit; and a 1/700 White Ensign kit - I think that's 11 of them already.

But it is soooooooooo tempting :grin:
John Ratzenberger :???:
It's my model and I'll do what I want with it.
Dirkpitt289
NUMA's Auto Mechanic

Post by Dirkpitt289 »

I've got my kit all picked out for this one. The problem is there is too much time between now and the start that my ADD could kick in and it could easly change again. :roll:
.... Dirk

Beware of the DOG's of WAR

My Youtube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/ModelingGu ... rid&view=0
jssel
Still crazy after all these years

Post by jssel »

I downloaded three freebies from FiddlersGreen and I plan on doing the Colditz blast glider. I have it in two different scales. Last year sometime I saw a special on TV where it was proven to actually fly.

P.S. Don't you love auto correct. I meant rooster chicken. :lol:
Besting 60 years of mediocre building of average kits in the stand off scale

Return to “The Group/Shared Build Chat”