SMW 2021

Moderators: Falcon, Dazzled

Dazzled
Modelling Gent and Scholar

SMW 2021

Post by Dazzled »

After much tooing and froing and a lot of discussion among the SIG's main show contributors we've decided that displaying at SMW this year isn't a viable option. It's not simply Covid or any perceived organisational issues but a number of personal and work-related factors that have come up.

We will be attending as civvies for one day so hopefully we'll see some of you there.
COLD WAR S.I.G. LEADER

Wherever there's danger, wherever there's trouble, wherever there's important work to be done....I'll be somewhere else building a model!
chrism

Re: SMW 2021

Post by chrism »

it is going to be a very different event this year, if only from the traders or lack of traders - as so far the provisional traders list does not mention the two key firms whose kits a lot of us buy/build
Trying to Build kits and not Buy kits
JamesPerrin
Looks like his avatar

Post by JamesPerrin »

I thought you had sworn off SMW altogether after the trolley incident.
Classic British Kits SIG Leader Better to fettle than to fill
(2024 A:B 5:2) (2023 13:8:7) (2022 21:11) (2021 15:8) (2020 8:4:4)
Dazzled

Post by Dazzled »

JamesPerrin wrote: October 10th, 2021, 5:05 pm I thought you had sworn off SMW altogether after the trolley incident.
I had some assurances that it wouldn't happen again so I was going to give SMW one more chance. If they had tried it on again I'd have just walked away.
COLD WAR S.I.G. LEADER

Wherever there's danger, wherever there's trouble, wherever there's important work to be done....I'll be somewhere else building a model!

Return to “Displays and Shows”