Gekko 1/35 CVR(T) Scimitar mk2

First impressions do count. Let us know what you think of your kits - new and old.
Tiger Hobbies
The Bug Has Well And Truly Bitten

Gekko 1/35 CVR(T) Scimitar mk2

Post by Tiger Hobbies »

Hi folks.
We have taken delivery of this all new model of the Scimitar MK2. This first edition is exclusive to us here at Tiger Hobbies and only available from us and our retail partners.
This is the first time the Scimitar 2 has been available in injection plastic in1/35 and is a superb kit. The "bedframe" armour is delicately moulded in plastic to avoid a nightmare of fragile folded etch brass parts. Though other parts, grills etc are etch brass. The kit captures the robust lines of the real vehicle very well.
The reason the Scimitar 2 hasn't been done before is that it shares the lengthened chassis of vehicles like the Samaritan, Spartan, Striker etc. If this release is a success then hopefully we will see the other, later CVR(T) vehicles done in 1/35 injection plastic.
On with the pictures.

Hope you find this in box review useful. If you would like more reviews of our products please let us know.
Best regards
Captain Tiger 🐯
Last edited by JohnRatzenberger on June 1st, 2022, 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Corrected kit scale in title.
https://www.facebook.com/TigerHobbiesLimited/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://twitter.com/TigerHobbiesLTD" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If you order from us please could you mention UAMF on your order or send us a PM? This is to help us get the right products posted on the site for you to view. Many thanks, Captain Tiger.
iggie
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Re: Gekko 1/32 CVR(T) Scimitar mk2

Post by iggie »

Great review Greg err, Captain Tiger :-D
It looks a good kit, and Gecko seem to have a pretty good reputation already for 1/35th AFVs... the bar armour being in plastic is good for me as too much PE can be off putting!
Best wishes

Jim
If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing
"Never put off till tomorrow, what you can do the day after tomorrow"
Gregers
Forum founder

Re: Gekko 1/35 CVR(T) Scimitar mk2

Post by Gregers »

Hi Jim.
Thanks for the reply. We use the captain Tiger name as it could be any of the staff who put posts up (though it's usually me).
If I was an armour guy I would certainly get one of these. I am just hoping someone like Gecko the do some early Landrovers and a Landrover FC101.

All the best

Greg
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.
Albert Einstein
flakmonkey
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Re: Gekko 1/35 CVR(T) Scimitar mk2

Post by flakmonkey »

I want one. Maybe two.
Would ya like to learn to fly? Would ya? Would you like to see me try?

Return to “In-Box reviews”