1/600 Airfix Prince Eugen.

If it goes on or under the wet stuff and doesn't fly, it's in here.
Bissyboat
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Re: 1/600 Airfix Prince Eugen.

Post by Bissyboat »

Dirkpitt289 wrote: July 17th, 2023, 1:04 pm That is some impressive work, Bissy.
Thank you so much. Much appreciated. :beer:
"We're going to need a bigger boat"
Bissyboat

Post by Bissyboat »

X12A wrote: July 20th, 2023, 4:38 pm These are all great Bissy - too small for me to work on though!
Thank you so much. Never say never. :beer:
KaleuNW
starter kit

Post by KaleuNW »

Very neatly built and perfectly in the little seen livery of Operation Cerberus.
The model of the Prinz Eugen, which is unfortunately rarely presented and accurately formed by Airfix, has always deserved more attention. The model is certainly one of the manufacturer's best ship models in 1:600.
If you want to build an improved Bismarck, you can use many parts from this kit to top the battleship.
I recommend that you add a railing to your impressive model. That would be the absolute highlight.
Bissyboat

Post by Bissyboat »

KaleuNW wrote: August 5th, 2023, 5:09 pm Very neatly built and perfectly in the little seen livery of Operation Cerberus.
The model of the Prinz Eugen, which is unfortunately rarely presented and accurately formed by Airfix, has always deserved more attention. The model is certainly one of the manufacturer's best ship models in 1:600.
If you want to build an improved Bismarck, you can use many parts from this kit to top the battleship.
I recommend that you add a railing to your impressive model. That would be the absolute highlight.
Thank you so much for your kind words and constructive feedback. Railings would be nice, but I built this model nine years ago and it took me at least five years before I warmed up to the idea of using PE on my ships. It´s the only right way forward now. Thanks again. :beer:
ShaunW
NOT the sheep

Post by ShaunW »

Haven't seen a Prinz Eugen build for a while and now, like buses, two turn up! This is a really great build of this Airfix classic, Bissy.
Doing - Tamiya 1/35th Universal Carrier.

Work is the curse of the modelling classes!
IPMS#12300
Bissyboat

Post by Bissyboat »

ShaunW wrote: August 12th, 2023, 12:58 pm Haven't seen a Prinz Eugen build for a while and now, like buses, two turn up! This is a really great build of this Airfix classic, Bissy.
Thank you so much Shaun. Means the world to me. I don´t know if it´s chucking down outside or it´s you showering me with compliments. :beer:

Return to “Ships, Boats and Submarines”