1/72 Dream Model F-5E Tiger II, Republic of China, 7th Group, 7th Wing, Taitung, Taiwan 1996

Military or civil, triplanes, biplanes or monoplanes, props, jets or helicopters...models in here.
Marek
Modelling Gent and Scholar

1/72 Dream Model F-5E Tiger II, Republic of China, 7th Group, 7th Wing, Taitung, Taiwan 1996

Post by Marek »

I always liked the lines of F-5 so when Dream Model came out with their rendition, I jumped on it. Well, frankly, for next ones I'll stick with either ESCI or Italeri. Now, I have to say it has detail, it is ok shapewise but for for many reasons, like plastic softer than water, nutty engineering, bad decals and really strange instructions it just falls short. I used Xtradecal decals as I really wanted to have a ROC machine. Gunzes and Hatakas used (again), with washes and pastel weathering.

Enjoy, Marek
DavidWomby

Re: 1/72 Dream Model F-5E Tiger II, Republic of China, 7th Group, 7th Wing, Taitung, Taiwan 1996

Post by DavidWomby »

Sounds like the kit had a few challenges but you'd never know it looking at that great result.

David
AndrewR
In the basement lab

Re: 1/72 Dream Model F-5E Tiger II, Republic of China, 7th Group, 7th Wing, Taitung, Taiwan 1996

Post by AndrewR »

It certainly looks great!
Up in the Great White North
iggie

Post by iggie »

I agree, it looks superb and certainly does not give the impression of being a troublemaker!
Best wishes

Jim
If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing
"Never put off till tomorrow, what you can do the day after tomorrow"
Migrant
Happily Landed after Many Circuits and Bumps

Post by Migrant »

It looks great Marek. And I'm not sure that the Esci or Italeri kits have the platypus nose.
X12A

Post by X12A »

Not see one of these before Marek - looks great.
ShaunW
NOT the sheep

Post by ShaunW »

The F-5 is a great looking jet and the ROC markings look good on it, Marek. It sounds like the kit had its challenges but you have overcome those to produce an excellent build.
Doing - Tamiya 1/35th Universal Carrier.

Work is the curse of the modelling classes!
IPMS#12300
skypirate

Post by skypirate »

Well, it certainly looks like a F-5, Marek! Such a good-looking aeroplane.
Well done!
I haven't built one since the Italeri 1/72 single-seater back in the 80s! Long gone, and overdue for replacement.

Cheers,

David
Old_Tonto

Post by Old_Tonto »

That looks great Marek. I have read many reviews of the Dream Model kit and none are complimentary which is a shame as the Italeri kit could do with replacing. Maybe Airfix will come good with a new mould edition.
2023 - A:0 B:0 C:0
Current Projects:
East German Air Force (1956-90)
South African Air Force (1958-93)
celt

Post by celt »

You said you had trouble with this kit, it looks like you overcame them and made a well tidy F-5,well tidy indeed.
Regards
Celt

Return to “Aviation Modelling”