The Blueberry Dart ***Finished***

The US Century Fighters, the F-100 to F106 - any kit, scale, etc.
Runs 1st through 31st March and your host is TobyC.
Blueberryruby
Active Participant

Re: The Blueberry Dart

Post by Blueberryruby »

Thanks Iggie, I forgot to add that the glue has failed in keeping the jet nozzle in place and while it's not going to fall out it does rattle slightly which is very annoying!
My Workbench Window is the Blueberry-Bench
Marek
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Post by Marek »

Rattling may be very annoying when approaching Mach 1 :), strong agreement here :). Nice work so far.
Blueberryruby
Active Participant

Post by Blueberryruby »

i've decided that it's an early version of thrust vectoring
Blueberryruby
Active Participant

Post by Blueberryruby »

The airframe has been primed

and some of the extra bits that need sticking on are in the process of being painted

Marek

Post by Marek »

.... out of curiosity ... I see two prop hubs, was dagger a two-motor? :) Seriously though, fast and furious, I see you having the kit finished gallantly within the week with this pace.
TobyC

Post by TobyC »

Great work on the priming. Take your time with the ADC if you're spraying.
Enjoyment over accuracy. That's my motto
Blueberryruby
Active Participant

Post by Blueberryruby »

Marek wrote:.... out of curiosity ... I see two prop hubs, was dagger a two-motor? :) Seriously though, fast and furious, I see you having the kit finished gallantly within the week with this pace.
You've discovered my little "easter-egg"! They are the prop hubs for the He-115 i've also got on the bench at the moment.

This kit does seem to be going very quickly (for me) at the moment but that's mainly because i've not had to use loads of very slow drying enamel paints.
Blueberryruby
Active Participant

Post by Blueberryruby »

TobyC wrote:Great work on the priming. Take your time with the ADC if you're spraying.
I gave it a go last night but i thinned it down far too much so i wiped it off (yes it was that diluted) and will try again tonight
MarkyM607

Post by MarkyM607 »

Slow down, you're making me look bad!!. I shan't tell you to watch out about the main undercarriage legs then. Oh alright, despite following the kit instructions(!), I managed to put the main legs on in reverse so that the wheels point inwards!!!!. Despite the fact that I think they look better that way I have pulled the wheels off and am working on turning them around with a little bit of plastic for a stronger join. :oops:
Hoping to return to modelling sometime this year!! :lol:
Owner of Marky's Model Emporium since 2013!.
Blueberryruby
Active Participant

Post by Blueberryruby »

MarkyM607 wrote:Slow down, you're making me look bad!!. I shan't tell you to watch out about the main undercarriage legs then. Oh alright, despite following the kit instructions(!), I managed to put the main legs on in reverse so that the wheels point inwards!!!!. Despite the fact that I think they look better that way I have pulled the wheels off and am working on turning them around with a little bit of plastic for a stronger join. :oops:
An easy mistake to make! I realised that i have a potential boo-boo in store for me.... I didn't put any weight in the nose. Hopefully it's not going to be a tail sitter!
Marek

Post by Marek »

use 'liquid weight'

saved me at least twice so far.
Blueberryruby
Active Participant

Post by Blueberryruby »

Good tip Marek, thanks. Hopefully i won't need it but if i do I'll also need to work out how and where to inject it in to the model!

After 3 separate attempts i finally managed to get the right combination of pressure and paint thickness to give the model it's coat of AD Grey.

MarkyM607

Post by MarkyM607 »

Blueberryruby wrote:
MarkyM607 wrote:Slow down, you're making me look bad!!. I shan't tell you to watch out about the main undercarriage legs then. Oh alright, despite following the kit instructions(!), I managed to put the main legs on in reverse so that the wheels point inwards!!!!. Despite the fact that I think they look better that way I have pulled the wheels off and am working on turning them around with a little bit of plastic for a stronger join. :oops:
An easy mistake to make! I realised that i have a potential boo-boo in store for me.... I didn't put any weight in the nose. Hopefully it's not going to be a tail sitter!
Ha Ha I did!! :ha: :ha: :ha: . :lol:
Actually I think she's close enough to the ground and the wheels are right for her to stay put in the right angle!.
Hoping to return to modelling sometime this year!! :lol:
Owner of Marky's Model Emporium since 2013!.
iggie

Post by iggie »

That looks nice and even paintwork!
Best wishes

Jim
If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing
"Never put off till tomorrow, what you can do the day after tomorrow"
Blueberryruby
Active Participant

Post by Blueberryruby »

MarkyM607 wrote:
Blueberryruby wrote:
Ha Ha I did!! :ha: :ha: :ha: . :lol:
Actually I think she's close enough to the ground and the wheels are right for her to stay put in the right angle!.
Fingers crossed!

Return to “Century Fighters”