1:24 SCALE CUTAWAY SPITFIRE MK1

Military or civil, triplanes, biplanes or monoplanes, props, jets or helicopters...models in here.
Fozzy
The Bug Has Well And Truly Bitten

Re: 1:24 SCALE CUTAWAY SPITFIRE MK1

Post by Fozzy »

andyt557 wrote:That's a cracking model Fozzy.

I've got a 1:24 Spitfire to build also, though I'm not wanting to do a cutaway I am looking to put in as much detail as possible.
With this in mind, can I ask you what reference material you used? (I already have the Tamiya CD-ROM and Supermarine Spitfire : Part 1 Merlin Powered (Modeller's Datafile): A Comprehensive Guide for the Modeller: Pt. 1 book).

Did you purchase any additional accessories to improve the detail or was it all scratch built?
Hi Andy
Thanks for your input mate......to answer your questions.....I used all the above that you seem to have and hours and hours of searching on the internet .It wasn't easy ,I also wrote to museums around UK for answers to some of my questions...especially when I was doing the radio fit...that seemed a difficult subject that nobody knew about!!..........as for the last part of your question....don't you use dirty language to me !!!!I don't "do" accessories ;-) I hate them!!!!!....no mate its all scratch built

omi
Post subject: Re: 1:24 SCALE CUTAWAY SPITFIRE MK1

speechless ! its like you could smell the oil and fuel if you were standing next to it, you have some bad skills sir and more free time than god or a very understanding wife.

Cheers for that!! :grin: yes my wife is very understanding and I took early retirement so I have plenty of free time!!

splash
Post subject: Re: 1:24 SCALE CUTAWAY SPITFIRE MK1

Your attention to detail is astounding, please show us more.
Regards
Splash

Thanks a lot!...I put a WIP over on LSP if your interested

Cheers chaps
FOZZY

Visit my Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/martinfosterss ... uiltmodels

Ready for inspection.....1:24 Scale Cutaway Spifire Mk1...1:24 Scale Cutaway Ju 87B-2......1:30 scale scratch built Westland Lysander...P51D seviced in a Hangar
Stupot
Pottering around

Post by Stupot »

These models are amazing Fozzy ! I love to see scratchbuilding but this is super-scratchbuilding ! :shock:

Cheers
Stu
Old fashioned paint brush user.
Fozzy

Post by Fozzy »

Stupot wrote:These models are amazing Fozzy ! I love to see scratchbuilding but this is super-scratchbuilding ! :shock:

Cheers
Stu
Thanks very much Stu!
FOZZY

Ready for inspection.....1:24 Scale Cutaway Spifire Mk1...1:24 Scale Cutaway Ju 87B-2......1:30 scale scratch built Westland Lysander...P51D seviced in a Hangar
andyt557
starter kit

Post by andyt557 »

Fozzy wrote:

I've got a 1:24 Spitfire to build also, though I'm not wanting to do a cutaway I am looking to put in as much detail as possible.
With this in mind, can I ask you what reference material you used? (I already have the Tamiya CD-ROM and Supermarine Spitfire : Part 1 Merlin Powered (Modeller's Datafile): A Comprehensive Guide for the Modeller: Pt. 1 book).

Did you purchase any additional accessories to improve the detail or was it all scratch built?
Hi Andy
Thanks for your input mate......to answer your questions.....I used all the above that you seem to have and hours and hours of searching on the internet .It wasn't easy ,I also wrote to museums around UK for answers to some of my questions...especially when I was doing the radio fit...that seemed a difficult subject that nobody knew about!!..........as for the last part of your question....don't you use dirty language to me !!!!I don't "do" accessories ;-) I hate them!!!!!....no mate its all scratch built

Thank you for your reply Fozzy, especially liking the "I don't "do" accessories ;-) I hate them!!!!!....no mate its all scratch built"...

If I lived in England I'd spend the odd weekend around all the museums looking for Mk 1's, but since I'n in North Scotland, that is out of the question. So it looks like I'll be set up with the laptop for internet searches and images during the build.

I for one can't wait for another of your specials to appear.

Andy
Fozzy

Post by Fozzy »

andyt557 wrote:
Fozzy wrote:

Hi Andy

Thank you for your reply Fozzy, especially liking the "I don't "do" accessories ;-) I hate them!!!!!....no mate its all scratch built"...

If I lived in England I'd spend the odd weekend around all the museums looking for Mk 1's, but since I'n in North Scotland, that is out of the question. So it looks like I'll be set up with the laptop for internet searches and images during the build.

I for one can't wait for another of your specials to appear.

Andy
Hi Andy....As I said ,you can find loads of info on the internet...I use Google search mainly...you should have no problems mate....good luck!
FOZZY

bassman

Post by bassman »

A reference book I find very useful is the Haynes workshop manual of the Spitfire (all marks) but maybe you have i allready. The book has many detail pictures.
Henk

Return to “Aviation Modelling”