Show Dates 2019

Moderators: Falcon, Dazzled

chrism
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Re: Show Dates 2019

Post by chrism »

Have you reached a decision yet on which shows you will be attending in 2020.

A while back you were saying that displaying at Telford was off for CW in 2020 and you cancelled another show up north, and you were waiting to hear back from the IPMS?

Just asking as I hadn't heard or seen anything since. Thanks
Trying to Build kits and not Buy kits
Dazzled

Post by Dazzled »

So far, our confirmed shows are Cosford, MK and Weston. I had to regretfully pull out of Halifax due to my back problem but will be going to Thornbury and Biggleswade this year. We are thinking of other potential shows (I'm hoping to go to Taunton as a "civilian" in March) but it depends on availability for others and are down to a number of factors.

I did, indeed, write a long and detailed email to John White at the IPMS detailing the awful experience we had at SMW in November and in his response he assures me that all of our concerns are being looked at seriously. From speaking with others at the show, I think the IPMS had quite a lot of complaints and I do know that there was an emergency meeting regarding these. John assured me that all our concerns would be addressed and I hope to have a frank and detailed discussion with him at a show sometime this year. Whether or not we display as a SIG at SMW 2020 still remains to be seen but we still have a few weeks to decide. We are planning on attending but possibly only as spectators.

Any further show updates I have will be put in a dedicated thread like this one.
COLD WAR S.I.G. LEADER

Wherever there's danger, wherever there's trouble, wherever there's important work to be done....I'll be somewhere else building a model!
Ratch

Post by Ratch »

I'm aiming to come to Cosford and MK Daz, what date is Biggleswade?
All models are equal. Some models are more equal than others.
Airfix Tribute Forum
Dazzled

Post by Dazzled »

Ratch wrote:I'm aiming to come to Cosford and MK Daz, what date is Biggleswade?
I believe that it's on September 13th this year but I will be getting in touch with the organiser to confirm and will update in a show thread as soon as I know for sure.
COLD WAR S.I.G. LEADER

Wherever there's danger, wherever there's trouble, wherever there's important work to be done....I'll be somewhere else building a model!
Ratch

Post by Ratch »

cheers :grin:
All models are equal. Some models are more equal than others.
Airfix Tribute Forum

Return to “Displays and Shows”