Airbrushing Scale Model Aircraft by Robin Carpenter

For reviews of any reading material with a modeling / reference theme.
CementNotGlue
Active Participant

Airbrushing Scale Model Aircraft by Robin Carpenter

Post by CementNotGlue »

There is a good basic, but brief introduction to airbrushing in The Airfix book of scale Modelling however for those who want a more indepth,illustrated guide, then they need look no further than this paperback.

My particular interest is airbrushing the new 1/72 Swordfish and varnish finishes which it only partly addresses. I want to feel pampered, but I am not. There is a bias towards larger scale models that I don't do because of limitations of space.

It's strength is probably a survey of all the latest gagets and materials (just don't look for frisket film in the basic index.)that can be utilised and a few techniques for dealing with Luftwaffe splinter/mottle scheme, NMF ON A 1/32 Mustang modern jets and insiginia on corrorgated surface like the JU 52, again in a large scale.

Tricky aspects of airbrushing include airbrushing clear coates and applying decals, so I'm pleased a whole section is devoted to these, but as for addressing specific items such as Humbrol enamel clear paints and setting solutions, he refrains from mentioning these that every modeller probaably has, but feels they are not getting the best out of these products.

The Crowood Press Ltd 2018

£18.99 I bought mine cheaper through click and collect via a high street shop so I hope it will help preserve the town centre.

C.N.G.

Return to “Publications”