Simon's Swingy Wingy Thingies

Military or civil, triplanes, biplanes or monoplanes, props, jets or helicopters...models in here.
Tarkas
Active Participant

Re: Simon's Swingy Wingy Thingies

Post by Tarkas »

DavidWomby wrote: February 5th, 2024, 11:52 am The wheeled gear didn't seem to be seen very often IIRC but even as a child that discrepancy annoyed me. I found the inconsistencies in the size and position of the markings irritating too. Compare the TB1 markings on the noses of the two different studio models in the photos above.

Not that I'm obsessive or anything :-D
You want obsessive? I can do obsessive... Did you notice the repeated "Thunderbird" on the underside of the upper shot (the one with the wheeled gear), including the infamous T on the red nosecone -- but without a corresponding "1" on the reactor housing (the blue bit)? Like the wheels, the extra markings are only seen in stock footage originally shot for the pilot episode, which crops up irregularly in later episodes. Almost as bad as Thunderbird 2's many iterations.
Ping! Ping!! Ping!!! -- Mother Box
She's such a chatterbox, sometimes...
SJPONeill
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Post by SJPONeill »

I always watch with my five year old eyes so this doesn't do my head in... 😁😁
Please critique my posts honestly i.e. say what you think so I can learn and improve...
The World According To Me
SJPONeill

Post by SJPONeill »

As I mentioned in the hoarders thread, I ordered another Mac's Car so that a. I would have enough actual wheels for the Captain Scarlet SPV and b. as a compromise option so I could display Mac's Car in both flight and ground modes.

Who'd've thought that such a unique topic would come in two different scales...? This one is noticeably smaller (probably somehwere between 1/40 and 1/48) and a simpler design, absent the gimmicky firing weapons of the larger version, wiht only a Joe figure to crew it albeit still only a half figure...

I'm not sure that I want to mess around with a third version (yes, I have already sourced and ordered another large Mac's Car - found a store retailer with way better prices than eBay) so this one might end up in the disposals pile although I'm not so sure there much of a collector's or builder's market for Gerry Anderson models in Aotearoa New Zealand: I think I'm the only person I know who builds them here and only rarely see any at shows...

Mac's Car is always a bit of an oddball in displays alongside similarly scaled Anderson vehicles as it looks like it should be small and delicate but is actually a big brutal bus that dwarfs everything around it...even the brooding SHADOMobile looks puny beside it...

So still struggling a bit with study - not so much the content which I deal with every day: more just doing things the university way so modelling and other activities are still very much on the backburner til I get on top of it - even this post was a reward once I completed the next stage of an assignment...it's at a point where I don't know if it's me or the puppy that looks forward to our daily walks more...

Please critique my posts honestly i.e. say what you think so I can learn and improve...
DavidWomby

Post by DavidWomby »

I never really got into Joe90 and didn't like Mac's car. I did like the Mig242 though and have plans to model it one day.

Enjoy the walks. Stay in touch here when you can.

David
SJPONeill

Post by SJPONeill »

I always thought Mac's Car was cooler than Sam's Car which was pretty run of the mill but Mac's car always seemed too out there, lacking the simple (albeit technically unfeasible) functionality of most of the other Anderson designs.

I think Joe 90 would be a great candidate for a live action adult reboot - They kinda touched on it with Chuck but gooned around too much - with all the 'near' future machines but gritty plot lines...

I like the MiG too...will be looking forward to your build... :) :) :)

Return to “Aviation Modelling”