Photo books - nice way to show off your builds?

Chill out 'n' talk about anything. Have a giggle, play a game or have a rant and try not to fall off the Soap Box. (NOTE Standard Forum Rules apply).
beany
Fat git, glasses, goatie - Avoid!

Photo books - nice way to show off your builds?

Post by beany »

I have just had a photo book made up with photos of some of my recent artwork mainly to help when I get asked "what sort of things do you paint then?" my answer of "let's see, I've done a bench, a waterfall, some flowers..." etc. is less than exciting so I thought it would be easier to show people using the book as a kind of show case.
This got me thinking that I may have to do one now with photos of some of my better model builds. I used Vistaprint in this case as they had a 25% off offer going. Anyone who can take and upload photos on this forum will have no trouble with the Vistaprint app which helps you construct the book and upload, edit, re-size and re-arrange the photos, change background colours and add text captions. You effectively pay by the page and can save the file of the book and only order it once you are satisfied. Mine was 40 glossy pages with hardback cover for just over £40 with postage and I'm delighted with it. Here are a few photos of the book.

Cheers
Al.
2024 Acquired: 9 Built: 1
iggie
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Re: Photo books - nice way to show off your builds?

Post by iggie »

That's not a bad idea at all Al, and certainly takes up a lot less space than display cabinets! As I still a lot of my built kits, it provides an easy way to remember past builds without having to trawl through hundreds of photos on my phone (or worse, 'in the cloud').
Worth investigating for certain 👍
Best wishes

Jim
If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing
"Never put off till tomorrow, what you can do the day after tomorrow"
DavidWomby

Post by DavidWomby »

An excellent idea and one I shall use when we downsize the home in a few years' time and I have to bin most of them.

David
JamesPerrin
Looks like his avatar

Post by JamesPerrin »

Maybe the family would like a calendar of my models next year rather than yet another full of their grandchildren 😛
Classic British Kits SIG Leader Better to fettle than to fill
(2024 A:B 5:2) (2023 13:8:7) (2022 21:11) (2021 15:8) (2020 8:4:4)
beany
Fat git, glasses, goatie - Avoid!

Post by beany »

iggie wrote: February 5th, 2024, 5:31 pm That's not a bad idea at all Al, and certainly takes up a lot less space than display cabinets! As I still a lot of my built kits, it provides an easy way to remember past builds without having to trawl through hundreds of photos on my phone (or worse, 'in the cloud').
What was interesting Jim is that when I had finished my order it then said "You may also be interested in..." and showed mugs, coasters, mouse mats et al but it had used the image of the "Pink Floyd" painting you now (proudly? :ha: ) own on each item and I have to say it looked bloody good on a mug IMHO! ;-)
2024 Acquired: 9 Built: 1
iggie

Post by iggie »

beany wrote: February 5th, 2024, 7:51 pm
iggie wrote: February 5th, 2024, 5:31 pm That's not a bad idea at all Al, and certainly takes up a lot less space than display cabinets! As I still a lot of my built kits, it provides an easy way to remember past builds without having to trawl through hundreds of photos on my phone (or worse, 'in the cloud').
What was interesting Jim is that when I had finished my order it then said "You may also be interested in..." and showed mugs, coasters, mouse mats et al but it had used the image of the "Pink Floyd" painting you now (proudly? :ha: ) own on each item and I have to say it looked bloody good on a mug IMHO! ;-)
Very much 'proudly' own! And I'll bet a mug would look good with it on 👍
Best wishes

Jim
If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing
"Never put off till tomorrow, what you can do the day after tomorrow"
Stuart
Raider of the Lost Ark Royal

Post by Stuart »

It's not a bad idea Al. Certainly My sister in law does them for her 'art' photography.
Stuart Templeton I may not be good but I'm slow...

My Blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/

Return to “General Chat”