Titan's 2012 Table Top.

Show us a view of your workbench / work in progress and build reports too.
Titan
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Titan's 2012 Table Top.

Post by Titan »

My aim will be to have these started and finished by the end of 2012, the PM model kits are there as fillers.
These are the only kits I have to hand as the rest are put away so these will be built. :-D
As you can see the theme is predominantly Luftwaffe aircraft although there is a biplane, Russian vehicle and some figures in there for a little variety.
I have recently bought the full set of Vallejo RLM colours that I will be using with most of these kits so we will see how these work out as I have heard good things about them but have never used the model air series before, should be interesting.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Where to start though that is the question?

Regards
Mark
Regards
Mark

Re: Titan's 2012 Table Top.

Post by Nax »

I see you like Focke wulf's, I have the same dilemma about where to start, I cant make my mind up. ;-)
Steve/Nax
Enjoying trying to make them look real.
MerlinJones

Post by MerlinJones »

A production line...starting with the cockpits! :mrgreen:

Regards,
Bruce
Titan

Post by Titan »

Do you know Bruce I think I will give that a try with the Long and short nosed FW190's, but I invariably loose bits when I have tried this before. :)

Regards
Mark
Regards
Mark

Post by Titan »

Thanks Bruce I think I will follow all of your suggestions as far as possible although I don't think I will include myself in any full GB's this year although a blitz could happen but going to Yeovilton is a possibility and IPMS North Somerset is a definite this year.
As for raiding the stash and being a bit ambitious I could trot back up into the holding room and include these for August through to December... :-D

ImageImageImageImage

Regards
Mark
Regards
Mark

Post by MerlinJones »

Your other consideration is, of course, where to store the finished items. 1/48 and 1/32 models take up a fair bit of space! :shock:

Regards,
Bruce
Titan

Post by Titan »

This is true and although I have not really given it too much thought at the moment this is what will most probably happen to all of the kits I have made up to this point, some of the better stuff is going for storage or get donated if required the others will probably be broken up for spare parts so I will essentially be starting out again with lots of space (after all it's taken 7 years to fill it all.) :lol:

Regards
Mark
Regards
Mark
Looks like his avatar

Post by JamesPerrin »

You are too organized! Is there any room to squeeze in those impulse buys or intriguing GBs.

I've do have an idea of some of the kits I'd like to do, but the list is about 3x longer than my built rate allows.
Classic British Kits SIG Leader Better to fettle than to fill
(2024 A:B 5:2) (2023 13:8:7) (2022 21:11) (2021 15:8) (2020 8:4:4)
Titan

Post by Titan »

Well James it was something that I have thought about probably mid way through the year but I hope that by having the kits sorted and all waiting in the wings as it were I should be able to get them all built as opposed to just digging in the stash aimlessly determined to build a particular kit only to put it down again a week or so later and then spend some considerable time thinking about making something different.
Why Luftwaffe as a theme? Well I like their varied and slightly more difficult to do camouflage patterns and I like the fact that most of them can be done freehand.
Some of these kits are easy `blitzers` or a week's building and some are a little more involved like the Eduard's but as I don't dabble in scratch building a lot then I don't envisage too much research work which can be too time consuming but we will see how it goes along the way.

Regards
Mark
Regards
Mark

Post by Titan »

Brews wrote:
Titan wrote: You could alway sell you stuff on Ebay as "Pro-Built".
That's worth considering Bruce although my nephew will probably have something to say about that :lol:
Regards
Mark
Regards
Mark

Post by Titan »

Ok, work load has abated and so tomorrow I will have more time on my hands for building, oh yeah.
I will be building the two Tamiya Fw190's in tandem as they have virtually the same parts.

ImageImage

I am probably going to include the pilots in both builds although having a quick dry fit with the pilot in situ has shown me that both do not sit in the seat correctly making them too high, so a little surgery is going to be needed if that is the case.

So the first part of the construction will start with the cockpit.

And the parts are off the sprue and will get a black coat of primer before a RLM66 base coat.

Looking forward to starting these Fw's properly tomorrow.

Regards
Mark
Regards
Mark
If anyone needs me, I'll be in my office

Post by Narayan »

An impressive line up for 2012 Titan. Good luck!

What scale are those Tamiya kits you are starting on? 1/48? I think I have the A3 in the stash so would have suggested you start with that one anyway!

‘I then realised my appearance was a bit odd. My right leg was no longer with me. It had caught somewhere in the top of the cockpit as I tried to leave my Spitfire.’
Group Captain Douglas Bader CBE DSO DFC

A:B
2012 00:00 2009 19:16
2011 11:10 2008 16:03
2010 44:12

Overall 173:46
JamesPerrin
Looks like his avatar

Post by JamesPerrin »

The pilots look like they've nodded off! :grin:
Classic British Kits SIG Leader Better to fettle than to fill
(2024 A:B 5:2) (2023 13:8:7) (2022 21:11) (2021 15:8) (2020 8:4:4)
Softscience
Staring out the window

Post by Softscience »

Titan wrote:This is true and although I have not really given it too much thought at the moment this is what will most probably happen to all of the kits I have made up to this point, some of the better stuff is going for storage or get donated if required the others will probably be broken up for spare parts so I will essentially be starting out again with lots of space (after all it's taken 7 years to fill it all.) :lol:

Regards
Mark

Funny you should mention this. I have this discussion with myself on occasion. I think to myslf; "Self, you should really build more in the larger scales." Then I build one or two and begin to worry about shelf space. This is often followed by unloading some of my older kits. This is why I don't have many models more than 3 or 4 years old.

I'm interested to see how you'll travel down this road.
Titan

Post by Titan »

Well out of the 207 on the shelves or in cabinets I've managed to offload 97 of them to my nephew to do with them what he will, I will keep 65 of my favorite ones for storage and rotation and the rest will broken up for the spares box.
Regards
Mark

Return to “Workbench Window”