Feanors Mighty Works...

Show us a view of your workbench / work in progress and build reports too.
feanor
Active Participant

Re: Feanors Mighty Works...

Post by feanor »

Migrant wrote: February 26th, 2024, 4:37 pm Sounds and looks like you're really enjoying your modelling, which is what it's all about. Some very nice and unique subjects coming off your bench.

Good to see that decal sheet again too! Can you believe that's 18 years ago...
Ayup Mike,

The Penny suddenly dropped, excuse me. Did you hear it ? LOL.

I do apologise. Suffering from old-timers disease.
The best thing, is to keep on building. Clap your hands, stamp your feet, wiggle your fingers…
Clashcityrocker
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Post by Clashcityrocker »

It's the Guinness slippers for me :)

Nigel
chrism

Post by chrism »

Those dinosaurs look great Stu. Did the forms I emailed under my guise as Show Organiser for Salisbury Model Club show on 1-June arrive OK) ? As I am now opening up the booking process for the last few remaining tables, only asking as I had not heard back from you, and I need the paperwork back if you are keen to display!
Trying to Build kits and not Buy kits
feanor
Active Participant

Post by feanor »

:-D :lol:
Clashcityrocker wrote: February 27th, 2024, 7:46 am It's the Guinness slippers for me :)

Nigel
:-D :lol:
The best thing, is to keep on building. Clap your hands, stamp your feet, wiggle your fingers…
feanor
Active Participant

Post by feanor »

chrism wrote: February 27th, 2024, 9:54 am Those dinosaurs look great Stu. Did the forms I emailed under my guise as Show Organiser for Salisbury Model Club show on 1-June arrive OK) ? As I am now opening up the booking process for the last few remaining tables, only asking as I had not heard back from you, and I need the paperwork back if you are keen to display!
Ayup Chris,

Thanks about the Dinos.

Tbf, I can’t say I’ve seen them. Yes I’d like to display, I’ve got a few domestic probs at the moment, but hopefully they’ll all be sorted by the time the show comes around. Can you resend them pls. feanor1999@aol.com. Cheers.
chrism

Post by chrism »

I have resent them.
Trying to Build kits and not Buy kits
feanor
Active Participant

Post by feanor »

chrism wrote: February 27th, 2024, 11:58 am I have resent them.
Thanks Chris.
B4en

Post by B4en »

That's a great looking Spino - really nice painting. 8-)
The past, present, and future walked into a bar. It was tense.
feanor
Active Participant

Post by feanor »

B4en wrote: February 27th, 2024, 8:44 pm That's a great looking Spino - really nice painting. 8-)
Ayup B4en…

Thanks Mate.
feanor
Active Participant

Post by feanor »

Ayup All…

And another long-delayed finish. This is Revells ‘Ghost’ version of their laudable Viking longship. I did have plans to make the ship from ‘The Vikings’ but got caught up on painting the sail. So, here she is as a ship all ready and waiting to either go ‘a Viking’, or, as it’s a long lost ship, sealed in a long lost sea cave in America, waiting for its crew to come back and row her home à La Tomb Raider. (Which features a stranded Byzantine War Galley actually.)

The sail is still to be finished to go into spares, but the deck is as set for that long-lost crew. Which I have as I have two sets of the excellent Emhar Vikings to go with it. Hope you like.

Impisi

Post by Impisi »

Nice, something you seldom see
Cheers
Martin

my recent builds
feanor
Active Participant

Post by feanor »

Impisi wrote: March 3rd, 2024, 6:58 pm Nice, something you seldom see
Ayup Impisi…

Thanks.
B4en

Post by B4en »

That's rather fine Feanor. 8-)
There must be a set of undead Vikings somewhere to go with it... :grin:
The past, present, and future walked into a bar. It was tense.
feanor
Active Participant

Post by feanor »

Ayup All…

Well, I finally got the wing invasion stripes finished on my nine-year old ‘New’ Airfix Beaufighter, as part of an old stalled project. I got it when it released, and got as far as laying the white paint for the stripes on the wings after finishing the fuselage bands, then built an old original Airfix Beaufighter to go with it, (doing some work on the fuselage profile at the front end) and then hit the wall with the project big time.

I have again got my books on the North Coates Strike wing out in order to make one of each of the aircraft that three of the individual Squadrons flew together in each wave of the regular attack pattern , but couldn’t decide which airframe would be from which Squadron.

However, now I have time to decide, I’ve decided that the ‘new’ Beau will represent 236 Sqn, in the guise of Airfixes Classic ‘MB-T’. The old Airfix Beau, a MKX ‘Torbeau’ from 254 Sqn, and from 143 Sqn, either a MK XVIII or FBMK VI Mosquito. These are pics of progress so far, and I have to dig an old mosquito from my stash out, as I have both marques in the Classic boxings of the refuelling set and Molins ‘Tsetse’ boxings. I just think it’s a shame that I couldn’t have built one of the new release Mosquitoes from Airfix, but they’re all PR’s. But never mind. It’ll also be interesting to work out how to fit old style stands into torpedo laden aircraft. Hope you like,

Pics:

feanor
Active Participant

Post by feanor »

B4en wrote: March 3rd, 2024, 8:41 pm That's rather fine Feanor. 8-)
There must be a set of undead Vikings somewhere to go with it... :grin:
Ayup B4en…

Thanks again.

Actually I have a set of good ‘Live’ ones I could have used, but Y’know…. 😂😂😂

Return to “Workbench Window”