Iron Curtain ** Forum is Open **

Here's where the general chat and organization of Group/Shared Builds takes place, with Guidelines, the GB/SB Calendar, and an Index to completed GBs.

Moderator: PaulBradley

Stuart
Raider of the Lost Ark Royal

Re: Iron Curtain ** On Calendar **

Post by Stuart »

Lot..? Good thinking, I'll take a look :)
Stuart Templeton I may not be good but I'm slow...

My Blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Dazzled
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Post by Dazzled »

AndrewR wrote:My photoetch railings and ladders have arrived!

cheers

Andrew

Nice one Andrew. I'll be interested to see the quality of these as I haven't used Tom's Modelworks stuff before and I may soon be in the market for some 1/400th railings.
COLD WAR S.I.G. LEADER

Wherever there's danger, wherever there's trouble, wherever there's important work to be done....I'll be somewhere else building a model!
Dazzled

Post by Dazzled »

Got my building plans finalised now. Two builds if all goes right.

First Eduard's Lovely new 1/72nd Mig-15bis in very early East German markings; followed by, or alongside a Fujimi Mig-29A representing the last jet fighter operated by the East German AF. In fact I've just ordered a decal sheet with markings for the final flight of the East German air force.

Fingers crossed for 2 finishes :roll:
COLD WAR S.I.G. LEADER

Wherever there's danger, wherever there's trouble, wherever there's important work to be done....I'll be somewhere else building a model!
Stuart

Post by Stuart »

Ok so I'm thinking maybe an Airfix 1/72 Mig-29A or a SMER 1/48 Mig-17 for this GB...

What colour do you recommend for the cockpit? I don't suppose anyone does a pre-mixed enamel in that lovely green..?

Dazzled

Post by Dazzled »

Sir T wrote:Ok so I'm thinking maybe an Airfix 1/72 Mig-29A or a SMER 1/48 Mig-17 for this GB...

What colour do you recommend for the cockpit? I don't suppose anyone does a pre-mixed enamel in that lovely green..?
Not an enamel I'm afraid Stu but a company called Akan does an acrylic called "Emerald Green" ( a.k.a. Soviet Barf Turquoise) available as "fresh"(no.73005) or "faded" (no.73006).

Here's the faded version on my 1/48th Mig-21.

Akan paints are available in the UK from Coastal Craft Models http://www.coastalcraftmodelsuk.com/akan_paints.php
COLD WAR S.I.G. LEADER

Stuart

Post by Stuart »

Thanks Darryl!

lancfan
Avro's Rivet Rhapsodizer

Post by lancfan »

My kits and decals have arrived, I will build a pair of MiG-15s. A Czech fighter and a Polish trainer.

David.
David.

If you forget the past, you may lose the future.
Dazzled

Post by Dazzled »

lancfan wrote:My kits and decals have arrived, I will build a pair of MiG-15s. A Czech fighter and a Polish trainer.

David.

Sounds neat David. Which kits are you using?
COLD WAR S.I.G. LEADER

lancfan
Avro's Rivet Rhapsodizer

Post by lancfan »

I am using the Hobby Boss kits, I have never built one of these simple kits before and seeing build pictures of one I was amazed at both the detail and the price. Now that I have the kits in the stash I am all the more impressed with these two MiGs and will use them again.

David.
David.

If you forget the past, you may lose the future.
Dazzled

Post by Dazzled »

lancfan wrote:I am using the Hobby Boss kits, I have never built one of these simple kits before and seeing build pictures of one I was amazed at both the detail and the price. Now that I have the kits in the stash I am all the more impressed with these two MiGs and will use them again.

David.
Good choice David. I havent built one myself but I've heard very good things about them.
COLD WAR S.I.G. LEADER

Blueberryruby
Active Participant

Post by Blueberryruby »

Dazzled wrote:
lancfan wrote:I am using the Hobby Boss kits, I have never built one of these simple kits before and seeing build pictures of one I was amazed at both the detail and the price. Now that I have the kits in the stash I am all the more impressed with these two MiGs and will use them again.

David.
Good choice David. I havent built one myself but I've heard very good things about them.
I've only built the one, the f-5 on my bench and it was great, hopefully yours will be just as good, i look forward to seeing it!
My Workbench Window is the Blueberry-Bench
splash
Senior Service Rotorhead

Post by splash »

Sorry for being thick. but are we looking at vehicles from the USSR (excluding Russia) built between 1945 & 1989 or between 1945 & now?

Would a Aero HC-2 Heli Baby from Czechoslovakia fit the bill?
My work bench is starting to look like Portsmouth Naval Dockyard.
Dazzled

Post by Dazzled »

splash wrote:Sorry for being thick. but are we looking at vehicles from the USSR (excluding Russia) built between 1945 & 1989 or between 1945 & now?

Perfectly reasonable question Splash. Anything from the Warsaw pact countries, excluding Russia, from 1945 to November 1989. So aeroplanes, military vehicles, ships, motorbikes, cars, figures, dogs and cats. Even cute little Czech helicopters :)
COLD WAR S.I.G. LEADER

splash
Senior Service Rotorhead

Post by splash »

Dazzled wrote:
splash wrote:Sorry for being thick. but are we looking at vehicles from the USSR (excluding Russia) built between 1945 & 1989 or between 1945 & now?

Perfectly reasonable question Splash. Anything from the Warsaw pact countries, excluding Russia, from 1945 to November 1989. So aeroplanes, military vehicles, ships, motorbikes, cars, figures, dogs and cats. Even cute little Czech helicopters :)
In that case it would be rude of me not to join in :-D
My work bench is starting to look like Portsmouth Naval Dockyard.
Dazzled

Post by Dazzled »

Glad to have you aboard :grin:
COLD WAR S.I.G. LEADER

Return to “The Group/Shared Build Chat”